The Belovsky Lab is currently hiring for the following positions:
FULL-TIME RESEARCH TECHNICIAN: UNDERC - location is ND campus and Environmental Research Center, Land O' Lakes, WI
FULL-TIME RESEARCH TECHNICIAN: GRASSHOPPER ECOLOGY PROJECT IN WESTERN MONTANA - location is ND campus and National Bison Range, Charlo, MT
Potential Graduate Students
I give preference to students who plan to obtain their Ph.D., either students who have a Master’s already, or students who wish to enter graduate school directly into a Ph.D. program. I also prefer that students have some modeling background as well as a strong foundation in ecology.
As a rule, I do not have specific projects for students, and encourage students to develop their own, based on their interests. There may be openings in ongoing projects or a graduate student can work on related projects of their own chosing.
Please contact Gary Belovsky (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Academic Year Opportunities:
- Work for pay in the lab on brine shrimp project or the grasshopper project.
- Work for credit on either project. This may include opportunities for independent research. Students interested in this type of opportunity must have worked in the Belovsky lab previously and have a particular project or research idea that will be planned with Dr. Gary Belovsky.
- Undergraduate to work on the Great Salt Lake-Brine Shrimp project in the lab on campus. Training must be completed prior to the summer.
- Undergraduate as an REU on the NSF-LTREB grasshopper project in Montana. An independent research project will be designed to compliment the on-going LTREB project. Please apply with Cover Letter, CV, and three names and contact information for references. This opportunity will be available for the summer of 2018.
- Recent graduates or undergraduates to work as field crew on the NSF-LTREB grasshopper project in western Montana. Field season is from mid-May until September 30 in Moiese, Montana. Please apply with Cover Letter, CV, and three names and contact information for references. This opportunity will be available for the summer of 2018.
Please contact Jennifer Belovsky (email@example.com) about opportunities for working in the Belovsky lab.